In the old schools of traditional bourbons, Angel’s Envy is akin to a young revolutionist. The middle-range sweet finish and aroma of Oak and spices make Angel’s Envy an idyllic base for creating classic Old Fashioned cocktails.
The palates that have a fondness for slightly excessive sweetness in Old Fashioned cocktails must try this traditional drink with Angel’s Envy. You can serve it on several occasions as small family get-togethers, Christmas parties, gatherings around bonfires and after-dinner etc.
It’s great flavors and catchy presentation will warm the hearts of your guests.
What’s unique about Angel’s Envy?
Being a signature bourbon, it holds unique flavors and notes of caramel, vanilla, strawberry and other spices. Along with it, the aroma of oak barrels catches the sniffing senses of people.
When we talk about its key ingredients, it comprises 72% corn, 18% rye and 10% malted barley. All these three constituents build its sweet and spicy profile.
What are the ingredients for preparing an outstanding Angel’s Envy Old Fashioned cocktail?
Preparing the rich and robust old-fashioned cocktail packed with vibrant aromas and flavors requires the compliance of the below-given elements in the apt amount. Take a glimpse of the necessary items.
- 2 oz or 50 ml of Angel’s Envy bourbon
- A splash of water (1 teaspoon)
- 1 dash of Angostura aromatic or Angostura orange bitters
- 1 sugar cube / 1 teaspoon granulated sugar or simple sugar syrup
- 1 large and clean ice cube for chilling the drink
- Peel of lemon or orange to garnish the old-fashioned cocktail
The above-noted amount of main ingredients is enough to prepare a glass of Angel’s Envy Old Fashioned cocktail recipe. You can add up the amount of each constituent according to the requirements.
What are the tools of trade for mixing the classic Angel’s Envy Old Fashioned cocktail like a pro?
A traditional drink like old old-fashioned cocktail isn’t only a matter of taste or flavor, the artistry of mixing and displaying it also plays a pivotal role in impacting the guests. Let’s know how can you impress them with the professional tools of creating a classical cocktail.
- Jiggers for measuring and pouring the right amount of ingredients that you want to add to the cocktail.
- Mixing glasses or shakers for finely blending the added ingredients of the cocktail without allowing air to enter it.
- A cocktail or bar spoon for picking small quantities of ingredients like sugar cubes or granulated sugar. It also helps in stirring the cocktail.
- A medium-sized strainer that fits well on the top of your old-fashioned rock glasses. With the strainer, you can prevent the bits of ingredients from entering the drink.
- An ice picker or ice tong for holding and placing the large ice cube in the rock glass.
- A Y-shaped peeler will be needed for slicing the peel of orange or lemon while garnishing the drink with twisted peels.
- For the decades-old, Old Fashioned cocktail, nothing will go better than a pair of Old Fashioned glasses.
How to prepare Angel’s Envy Old Fashioned cocktail like a professional bartender?
Just pouring and stirring the ingredients doesn’t write the stories of a lifelong evocable cocktail, it demands creativity, passion and perfect balance.
Here are the master steps to turn your simple drinks into an extraordinary experience.
- Take the shaker or mixing glass and fill it half with the cracked ice cubes.
- Pour the given amount of bitters, sugar and a splash of water into the mixing glass.
- If you are using a sugar cube instead of simple syrup or granulated sugar, muddle it well with the help of some water on the solid surface of the tumbler glass.
- Now pour the well-diluted sugar into the mixing glass and shake again for a few seconds.
- Put the strainer on top of the rock glass and pour the whole mixture slowly from the mixing glass to the old-fashioned glass. It will prevent the broken ice cubes from entering.
- Take the appropriate amount of Angel’s Envy bourbon through the jigger and add it to the glass. Slowly stir the drink with the help of a long twisted handled cocktail spoon.
- Pick a clean and large ice cube with a tong and place it in the old-fashioned glass.
- Peel off a slice of lemon rind or orange rind and twist it on the top of the cocktail glass.
- Tuck the twisted peel in the cocktail pin and place it on the rim of the old-fashioned glass.
- Leave the glass untouched for a few moments so that the ingredients can settle or blend finely with each other.
Your Angel’s Envy Old Fashioned Cocktail is now in a fit state to serve.
A few hacks from the secret wrap of professional bartenders -:
Off and on few mistakes ruin the flavor, presentation and aroma of the traditional cocktails. On the flip, a few additions can uplift these features of the cocktail. Therefore, we have rounded up the list of some DOs and DONTs that you must follow while mixing the Angel’s Envy Old Fashioned Cocktail.
- Do not stir the drink after adding the large ice cube to the glass. It will cause the melting of ice cubes speedily and make the drink watery.
- For a smoothing texture in the drink, you should skip the granulated sugar or sugar cube. In its place, dissolve the simple sugar syrup.
- Ensure the mixing glasses or shakers have ample broken ice cubes so that they can chill the drink perfectly while mixing.
- Do not over-shake or over-stir the cocktail. A good 30-second shake or stirring is ideal for mixing the ingredients perfectly.
- The small cubes can result in a hazy presentation of the cocktail. Avoid using small and dense 2-3 ice cubes and place one large and clean one.
- Serve the cocktail immediately after shaking it. Leaving them long in the mixing glass can result in inappropriate taste.
- If you have good space in the fridge, keep the old-fashioned rock glasses in it for a few minutes before serving the drink. It will make the glass chilled.
Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQs) –
Q – Which bitter goes well with the Angel’s Envy Old Fashioned cocktail?
A – Many professionals mix Angostura orange or Angostura aromatic bitters with the other ingredients of Angel’s Envy old-fashioned cocktail.
Q – Can you store the mixed ingredients before serving?
A – Yes keeping it in a cool place is perfect.
Q – What is the impact of Angel’s Envy on the old fashioned cocktail?
A – It infuses sweet, spicy and sharp flavors of nuts, berries and spices.